Photo Editing Software
What is Picasa?
"Picasa is free photo management software that helps you instantly find, edit and share all the photos on your PC. Picasa automatically locates all your photos (even ones you forgot you had) and sorts them into visual folders organized by name, size, or date. You can drag and drop to arrange your folders and make albums to create new groups. Picasa makes sure your photos are always organized."
Download & Install Picasa
Picasa is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- For Windows or Mac, download directly from Google here: http://picasa.google.com/,
- For Linux users, check the directions for your particular distribution. (Package managers may contain an older version may be available by default, but directions can be found online to update to the latest version.)
Tutorial - Using Picasa to Organize, Edit & Upload Your Photos to Facebook & Google Plus
Using Picasa to Organize,
Edit & Upload
Photo Organizing and Editing with Picasa (pdf)
This PDF tutorial offers a brief overview of the workflow for accomplishing the organizing, editing and uploading tasks. It is primarily intended for Windows users, but may be of interest for others as well.
- What to install (with links)
- Installation notes
- Using Picasa - overview of two main screens and how to use them
- Library View:
- View all your folders
- Toggle between tree & flat folder navigation
- Selection tray - working with individual files, multiple files, or entire folders
- Sharing your selection - email, print, Share on Google+, upload to Facebook
- Individual photo view - Editing:
- Crop, straighten, redeye, retouch
- Working with view/zoom level and comparing changes to original
- Adjusting brightness with fill light, highlights, and shadows
- Add & undo effects, e.g., black & white, sepia, focal zoom, soften, filters
- Add captions and favourite
- Additional benefits of using Picasa - screen captures and watching folders for new pictures, downloaded images, or scanned documents
- Advanced items - creating desktop wallpaper, slideshow movies, filtering and using camera data, tagging and face detection
- Getting fancy - using other, free, online applications to add even more enhancements, filters and frames to your photographs
Picasa Video Tutorial
Please note that the video tutorial is currently offline for editing.